Visitors can tour the best museums in Mexico City for entertainment, education and fun, notes GlobeQuest Travel Club.
Discover the top museums in Mexico City, courtesy of GlobeQuest Travel Club. This cosmopolitan city is known for culture and art, so it’s only natural that tourists would want to take advantage of everything on display in this international hub.
GlobeQuest Travel Club is pleased to share the must-see museums in Mexico City:
- Jumex. Also known as MoMA, or Museum of Modern Art, this is the place where contemporary art is housed in Mexico City. GlobeQuest Travel Club notes that Jumex is actually the largest private collection of contemporary art throughout Latin America.
- Museo Franz Mayer. This fascinating collection features objects, art, books and more that stockbroker Franz Mayer accumulated throughout his lifetime. Pieces come from Europe, Asia, and of course Mexico. This museum can be found where there was once a monastery and hospital.
- Museo Nacional de Arte: MUNAL. Tourists can find the National Museum of Art in the historical section of Mexico City. Here guests can learn more about the art masters of this country like José María Velasco and Manuel Ocaranza, as well as the pieces they are famous for creating.
- Mucho Mundo Chocolate Museum. A newer museum, this place is great fun for the whole family. Chocoholics can learn all about their favorite treat and its history in Mexico. There is also a shop and café. And for the culinary-minded, there are even chocolate classes offered there.
- Museo Nacional de Antropología. The National Museum of Anthropology is the most popular museum in the entire country. Artifacts from pre-Columbian times, such as the Aztec Sun Stone, are showcased here for visitors to view.
- Museo Nacional de Historia: Castillo de Chapultepec. This amazing castle is perched high upon a hill in Chapultepec Park. GlobeQuest Travel Club shares that visitors can tour this former royal residence of Emperor Maximillian I.
A trip to Mexico City can be enlightening as well as entertaining. Taking the effort to hit some of the area’s best museums can pay visitors back in spades. Thanks to GlobeQuest Travel Club, a vacation can be enriched with a stop to some of the top museums in this capital city of Mexico.
The GlobeQuest Travel Club was designed for the modern traveler and provides a wide variety of luxurious vacation destinations along with several world-class leisure benefits. With the GlobeQuest memberships, unforgettable vacation experiences can be planned over the phone with a live Vacation Expert or just the click of a button on the member-only GlobeQuest website. GlobeQuest makes building travel experiences easy and enjoyable by providing everything needed to Travel Your Way. GlobeQuest was founded by Grupo Questro and GBS International. Since 1985, Grupo Questro has mastered the development of ecologically responsible, world-class hospitality projects that set the standard for their class. Established in 2002, GBS International supports Grupo Questro by providing personalized resort management and customer care functions.